Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Who Am I First?

A mother's identity lost in the first cry of her child.
A mother's identity found in the first smile of her child.
But years later when the novelty has worn off,
who does Mom become above all?
Someone's wife?
ONLY A MOTHER!!!!!
A Maid.
A Musician.
A Dancer.
A Storyteller.
An Actress.
A Puppeteer.
Arms.
Tears.
All Smiles.
A stand-up commedian.
A human baby-wipe.
Asleep.
Chef?
No...microwave operator.
A grateful observer.
A joyful recipient.
Sad.
A miss being alone.
Lonely.
Impatient.
Patient.
Endlessly patient.
Loved.
By husband.
By children.
By friends I never see.
But mostly by the cat.

I was someone else before I had all this laundry to do.
I just don't remember who that was.
Who am I first?
I don't know.
It changes everyday.
And everyday brings something else to be.
And everyday brings someone into my arms,
no matter who I am first.
Or what I end up to be at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment